As a member of the Knowledge Center team, the Senior Technical Information Specialist has responsibility to provide information-based research and consultation in support of regulatory, medical, and technical literature requests at Medtronic. This position works closely with functional leaders and partners to deliver decision-ready information that supports strategic initiatives. Remote workers outside of Minnesota will be considered.
- Perform literature research to support U.S. and international regulatory submissions. Includes constructing complex clinical literature searches on specific medical devices, treatment alternatives, and indications, and apply specific limiters per pre-establilshed guidelines.
- Ensure outputs are in accordance with external guidelines and regulatations, as well as internal standard operating procedures.
- Consult with Knowledge Center clients to provide medical and technical literature research, utilizing online databases and electronic resources.
- Synthesize information and prepare reports. Participate in special projects or initiatives on an ad hoc or ongoing basis, providing communication, training, or logistical support to enhance Knowledge Center department initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree
- 4+ years as a professional information researcher where literature searching was your primary role, with at least 2 years conducting online literature searches for device or pharmaceutical regulatory filings
- Demonstrated experience working on regulatory searches
- Researching in complex literature databases such as ProQuest, Dialog, Ovid, Embase.com, or STN
- Expertise researching medical device or pharmaceutical topics
- Internet searching skills using advanced search functionality
- Ability to scan literature and select salient information quickly and efficiently
- Experience with MS Office tools, including Excel spreadsheets, Word, and PowerPoint
- Master's degree in Library Science
- Experience with post processing software such as EndNote, Quosa, or Reference Manager
- Knowledge of clinical study processes
- Demonstrated ability in information synthesis, report generation and writing
- Savvy with technology, such as the ability to navigate online tools using macros and control keys
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with management
- Highly developed written, verbal, & online social communication skills
- Able to work independently with limited oversight
- Versatility and adaptability while working in fast-paced, challenging environment to produce high-quality work quickly and efficiently
- Good judgment, problem solving and analytical skills
- Work on dynamic teams, cross-functional, and global teams
- Project management and leadership skills
Apply at https://jobs.medtronic.com/jobs/senior-technical-information-specialist-31140