The Senior Competitive Intelligence Research Analyst will provide advanced competitive intelligence research and analysis service for all research requests emanating from Client Relationship, Business Development, Practice Development, and Strategy departments. The incumbent will provide assistance to the Competitive Intelligence Research Program Coordinator by providing actionable information and competitive intelligence research and analysis on targeted prospects that align with the firm’s strategic priorities. The Senior Competitive Intelligence Research Analyst will be expected to have in-depth knowledge and the ability to stay abreast of industry trends, monitor financial data, and identify opportunities for the firm. The Senior Competitive Intelligence Research Analyst has a dotted line reporting line to the Competitive Intelligence Research Program Coordinator and a direct reporting line to the Senior Manager of Library Services.
- Conduct competitive intelligence, business strategy and business development research on targeted prospect companies, individuals, and industries
- Assist the Competitive Intelligence Research Program Coordinator to synthesize research findings in support of the firm’s business development initiatives and ensure the information is packaged in crisp, clear and compelling deliverables
- Provide proactive monitoring and alerting using a variety of sources to identify potential prospects and trends in various industry verticals and customer segments of interest to the firm
- Work with Client Relationship, Business Development, Practice Development and Strategy departments to develop repeatable, scalable and sustainable processes to locate, research and provide customized reports on prospects that highlight key analysis and research findings
- Stay abreast and current in the use of the most relevant and appropriate proprietary databases that directly relate to targeted research initiatives
- Provide regular status reports on competitive intelligence research activities and accomplishments to both the Competitive Intelligence Research Program Coordinator and the Senior Manager of Library Services
- Provide backup general research services to all members of the firm in all locations
- Assist with local office orientation of legal staff in use and resources of the Library
- Record regular activity reports and bill research time accordingly
- Adhere to Library Services Best Practices
- Ability to keep up with new competitive intelligence materials, changes in resources and techniques, and shifts in information demands; resourcefulness in obtaining needed materials and information
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and competitive intelligence communication skills coupled with analytical abilities of company information and data
- Ability to research and organize data in a concise manner and keep abreast of industries, global economic information, legal and geopolitical trends
- Commitment to providing high-quality business development and competitive intelligence research service to a large group of demanding users in a fast-paced business environment.
- Strong written communication skills and ability to analyze and present complex information
- Ability to work effectively in a culturally and educationally diverse environment
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- MLS required; higher educational degree(s) considered; MBA desired
- Minimum of five years of substantive research experience in a law firm or corporate library focusing on competitive intelligence and analysis
- Proven ability to organize and manage a diverse range of business development and competitive intelligence projects and prioritize multiple tasks and projects
- Advanced online research skills and knowledge of electronic and print business resources
- Demonstrated experience in developing, organizing and distributing appropriate competitive intelligence and business development content to key stakeholders
- Knowledge of foreign language(s) desired
Normal office environment. Incumbent is expected to work the hours necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position. The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities, or requirements.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.