Description:Fox Rothschild LLP is seeking a Risk Mitigation Research Analyst to join our expanding team. This individual will be responsible for proactively identifying and assessing various risks by conducting sophisticated business and legal-related research to support current and prospective client needs and support firm growth and strategy.
As a Risk Mitigation Research Analyst, you will work collaboratively with attorneys, department colleagues, and various firm administrative departments. The ideal candidate will be self-directed, highly motivated, and results-driven, with the ability to work independently and as part of a team. Excellent time management and organizational skills required for successful achievement of position goals in this fast-paced environment.
This position reports to the Business Research Manager; position hours are 9am – 6pm, 10am – 7pm, or 11am – 8 pm EST.
Primary responsibilities will include:
• Conducting financial and non-financial risk related research via public records to support client work including real estate records, corporate filings, service of process, liens and litigation records
• Researching corporate family trees and affiliated companies to support conflicts review
• Maintaining trading compliance watch-list database and assisting with watch-list compliance questions
• Researching potential firm clients and mining business databases to ascertain risk
• Providing due diligence research on potential firm hires
• Compiling research into a variety of reports and presentations for distribution to internal and external consumers
• Assigning industry classification and verifying accuracy of information supplied in new business intake process
• Retrieving court documents and articles as needed
• Coordinating internal workflow and initial responses to various inquiries and requests made of the department from internal and external customers
• Additional duties and special projects as needed
• Minimum of Bachelors degree in related field required. MLS or other related advanced degree a plus.
• Minimum of two years’ experience performing business-related research and analysis on companies, individuals, industries and legal related matters
• Law firm or legal research experience highly desired
• Excellent computer/internet skills with proficiency in MS Office and Adobe Acrobat required
• Strong working knowledge of various resources and tools, including, but not limited to: Accurint, DNBi, Westlaw, and Bloomberg Law
• Superior oral and written communication skills, exceptional interpersonal skills and innovative problem solving skills
• Must be able to multi-task and prioritize in accordance with changing deadlines and priorities