The Research Analyst is accountable to the Manager, Research and Environmental Scanning. The Analyst is responsible for developing and maintaining research tools, including the Research Group’s integrated research system, conducting comprehensive research and reference work, identifying resource gaps, and monitoring current information resources.
- Performs in-depth and systematic academic and grey literature review, environmental scanning and reference services to support client activities.
- Designs and develops databases and research tools in the Research Group’s integrated research system to facilitate retrieval and dissemination of information, identifying inconsistencies and gaps and modifying databases accordingly.
- Maintains technical documentation, liaising with software/database applications consultants/vendors to keep abreast of new technologies, and providing training to internal staff on database access and usage.
- Participate in collection development, identify information resource gaps, and propose solutions to ensure knowledge necessary to support organizational goals is captured, analyzed and shared.
- Provide copyright management and permissions services.
EDUCATION: Master’s degree from an ALA-accredited program in library or information science.
EXPERIENCE: 3-5 years of experience working as a librarian/information specialist preferably in a health sciences environment.
- Expertise in health system research.
- Advanced ability with PubMed, ProQuest, QuickLaw, EBSCO and other database platforms. Systematic approach to conducting grey literature research.
- Expert knowledge in managing integrated library systems, content management systems, and database development.
- Experience with InMagic Presto and Genie an asset.
- Demonstrated knowledge of collection development and weeding practices.
- Proficiency in web authoring languages (HTML/CSS) as well as XML.
- Knowledge of Canadian copyright, copyright licensing, permissions, and copyright compliance principles.
- Attention to detail.
Resumes, including salary expectations, should be forwarded by April 28, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org We regret that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information, please visit our website at www.oma.org
Ontario Medical Association is an equal opportunity employer. We will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code.