We are looking for
• one Intelligence Specialist (competition #24-17-0324)
• one Reference Specialist (competition #24-17-0325)
• one Information Officer (competition #24-17-0326)
to work within the Knowledge, Information and Technology Services Branch (KITS) in delivering reference and intelligence services and solutions to NRC researchers and clients. The Specialists and Officer will join the National Science Library (NSL) team which shares NRC’s core values of impact, accountability, leadership, integrity and collaboration.
Duties of the successful candidate include:
• provide a comprehensive suite of reference or intelligence services to NRC staff, as well as to NRC's clients and partners;
• support client use of NSL products and services;
• provide and ensure systematic monitoring of technological, industrial and business activities.
You will also participate in a range of NSL projects and contribute to the continuous improvement of services and processes.
Please note: Applying to one position will automatically enter you in all three hiring processes.
Master's degree in Library Science or in Library and Information Sciences from an American Library Association accredited library school, preferably preceded by a science, engineering or business degree.
Significant experience in the provision of information services in science and technology;
Significant experience in searching, collecting, and extracting information and data from online systems and the Web;
Experience in training or providing client technical support
Experience in Web design, user-centered design or instructional design as applied in a library environment would be an asset.