HPC (www.hiltonpub.com), a national service provider of corporate spending solutions, is seeking an experienced, home-based Medical Librarian to join our team. This is a part-time, contract position with the possibility of growing into a full-time position in the future. It’s a unique opportunity to join HPC’s fast-growing Library Management Service team and support a diverse client base.
- Masters of Library Science or Masters of Library and Information Science (MLS/MLIS) from ALA-accredited program.
- 5+ years professional experience in a hospital or health sciences library, including managerial responsibilities.
- Knowledge of library systems, operations, bibliographic tools, and copyright compliance and restrictions.
- Exceptional customer service delivery and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently.
- Managing collection development, including the evaluation and selection of print and electronic books, newspapers, journals, and research databases.
- Negotiating the purchase and licensing of library contracts and subscriptions.
- Preparing and monitoring library budgets and making financial recommendations.
- Conducting literature searches using a variety of health sciences research databases (PubMed/Medline, Cinahl, PsychInfo, etc.)
- Developing and maintaining library portals using Springshare’s LibGuide or other content management platforms.
- Providing document delivery service using the National Library of Medicine’s Docline system.
- Promoting library resources and services.
- Preparing library usage reports and statistics.
- Academy of Health Information Professionals (AHIP) certification
- Prior experience in a virtual/remote librarian position, a plus.