Our client is a global investment firm with over $20 billion in assets under management. The firm is headquartered in New York City with offices in Europe and Asia.
Our client is seeking a Knowledge and Market Data Manager to support its market data services globally in line with industry-wide best practices. The incumbent will identify opportunities to improve current processes and deliver better tools and services to the business. This will include but will not be limited to dealing with vendors, working with the Quantitative Analysis team to identify and evaluate Big Data sources, and working with the Market Data Admin team to ensure efficient and accurate inventory and user management. The role will also be involved in SharePoint-based knowledge management projects as well as some ad hoc desktop research.
The position will be based in Manhattan.
Support the Global Market Data Manager in managing US and global database subscriptions.
- Identify new resources (and standardize evaluation)
- Work with Quantitative Analysis team on Big Data and “alternative” data sets
- Develop trial process and template (e.g. comparison table to similar resources)
- Develop/streamline approval processes
- Vendor contract negotiation, working closely with Legal team
Market Data Invoices
- Identify areas of potential savings, through contract renegotiations and elimination of duplicative, unused, or under-utilized applications and exchanges
- Track savings achieved
Reporting and Analysis
- Monthly/Quarterly/Annual spend, by dept/office/user
- Subscriptions by user
- Usage statistics
- Y-o-y analysis
Communications and User Support
- Internal marketing of services, including via SharePoint environment
- User communications and training
- New user communication (standardized) with service links and passwords
- Regular (e.g. annual) review with users of their services
- Support the Global Market Data Manager in managing US and global expert network subscriptions
- GLG, Guidepoint, etc.
- Ad hoc desktop research
- SharePoint content development and maintenance
Experience and Skills Required
- Proactive, detail-oriented person
- Experienced at developing processes
- 5+ years of experience in the financial services industry
- Knowledge of market data services/vendors and their applications, particularly Bloomberg and Thomson Reuters
- Experience with Big Data and “alternative” data sets
- Experience working with market data vendors and their administrative processes
- Familiarity with FITS inventory management system or similar systems
- Experience with SharePoint 2013
Interested individuals should email a resume and compensation history to Stephanie Campbell at firstname.lastname@example.org