The purpose of this role is to manage every aspect of handling member and staff secondary research projects. This includes exercising judgment in determining nature and extent of research to be undertaken, plus responsibility for meeting deadlines and for following up with requesters as appropriate. It also entails agency relations activities for the department, including conducting presentations about the service for members and prospects.
- Research and respond to member and staff requests by utilizing all available secondary resources, using research skills to locate the most pertinent materials to satisfy the requester’s needs.
- Negotiate and interpret member queries with thorough reference interviews. Perform a significant public relations role for the Association through constant member contact. Assist members in navigating and utilizing the 4A’s website for maximum member benefit.
- Propose and implement improvements to enhance department procedures, productivity, and quality of work. Participate in selection of new technologies to improve the research capabilities. Help to formulate long-range department goals and new product or service offerings.
- Support SVP Research Services in representing and promoting Research Services to current and prospective members via presentations, visits, and webinars. Maintain relationships with 4A’s staff, the agency information community, and other users at member agencies. Work with SVP Research Services to prepare user guides and other content appropriate to the service.
- Maintain the research collection by monitoring the trade press, evaluating and classifying reports, recommending studies and publications to be purchased and otherwise organizing data for quick retrieval. Develop and maintain internal proprietary databases of research information and project tracking.
- Provide thought leadership to members via white papers on best practices and research-based insights. Identify and collaborate with external research suppliers to develop exclusive member content. Create original content on relevant topics by culling data and synthesizing it into concise reports. Curate, categorize, and update documents on the 4A’s website via WordPress platform.
- Stay abreast of trends in advertising and information management by reading trade and professional journals, monitoring electronic sources and reports, and by participating in professional association activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned by 4A’s executive staff or Research Services senior vice president. Work with other 4A’s staff on special projects as needed.
- Master’s degree in library science or information studies, plus minimum of six years of professional experience in a business environment.
- Relevant experience in secondary research, possessing a thorough knowledge of print and online business reference sources.
- Must be a “team player” who is flexible, can handle multiple projects at once, and is able to function well in a structured, scheduled, and high-pressure environment.
- Familiarity with information management and classification theory.
- Good verbal, writing, and presentation skills, plus proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and WordPress. Ability to master new technologies quickly.
- Diverse business acumen and expertise in deriving actionable insights from research information.
- Unwavering commitment to member service.
Where We Work:
- Great team with new mission & energy
- Amazing terrace views overlooking Bryant Park
- Summer Fridays
- Week off between Christmas & New Year Holidays
- Enviable Work/Life Balance
- Volunteer Day
What We Do:
The 4A’s, founded in 1917, is the leading authority representing the marketing communications agency business. It provides leadership, advocacy and training that empower agencies to innovate, evolve and grow. It serves 740 member agencies across 1,400 offices that controls more than 85% of total U.S. advertising spend.
The 4A’s is committed to protecting the best interests of its members, their employees and the industry at large. Its Benefits division insures more than 164,000 agency professionals, and the D.C. office advocates for policies that best support a thriving advertising industry.
With its best-in-class learning and career development programs, 4A's and its Foundation fuel a robust diversity pipeline of talent for its members and the marketing and media industry, fostering the next generation of leaders.