Location: Arlington, VA 22230
- Provide reference services by responding to requests for information from users.
- Provide interlibrary loan services using Online Computer Library Center (OCLC) WorldShare or other bibliographic utility for materials not available within the Library’s collection and respond to external requests for materials held within the collection.
- Use document delivery services like Infotrieve and Ingenta to process interlibrary loans (ILL).
- Provide support in enhancing library patron’s experience, and continued improvement of workflows within the digital content management solution.
- Assist with the maintenance and development of the library’s collection, procedures, and management policies.
- Apply the principles and techniques of collection development and maintenance through accessioning and deaccessioning (weeding) according to standard library methods.
- Complete cataloging records using tools like OCLC Connexion.
- Maintain special indexing systems for library’s specialized collections using an electronic cataloging or other electronic content management
- Responsible for cataloging, classification, and applying metadata schema to ensure access to the digital objects in the library’s digital content management system and the Integrated Library System.
- Perform additional library tasks as assigned that are not limited to the above tasks.
- MLS degree from an ALA-accredited institution.
- Experience in the following: reference, research, interlibrary loan, circulation, ILS maintenance, collection development, cataloging, and document management using SharePoint
- Must be proficient in MS Word, Publisher, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly, both orally and in writing.
This position is contingent upon contract award.