Bilzin Sumberg is dedicated to the efficient delivery of quality legal services through Knowledge Management, Legal Project Management and the use of data for competitive intelligence and legal research. In support of those goals, Bilzin Sumberg is recruiting for a highly technical, motivated and responsible Librarian.
Reporting to the Chief Knowledge Officer, the successful candidate will conduct legal and due diligence research as well as advise and assist in developing and maintaining the Library's technology applications. The successful candidate must be able to clearly demonstrate a high degree of comfort with technology and experience in working in a law library/corporate library setting.
This position offers competitive salary and benefits package.
- Performing due diligence research on clients and potential clients
- Responding to patron requests by identifying and locating information to meet their needs, including analysis and synthesis of information to solve problems under tight deadlines and fluctuating work loads
- Training and promoting efficient use of research tools including, Westlaw, PracticePoint, Practical Law, WestKM, Westcheck, KM Standards, BloombergLaw, Onelog, SmartRecharge and the firm's SharePoint Portal
- Coordinating vendor trainings and demonstrations
- Performing and understanding all duties of the library,including Cataloging, Interlibrary loan, and Serials (EOS Library System)
- Assisting with Knowledge Management initiatives
- Assisting with the implementation of goals, objectives, policies, procedures, and work standards for the library
Education and Experience
- Master's degree in Library and Information Science from a program accredited by the American Library Association
- Strong technology skills
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience and familiarity with use of document management systems and knowledge management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and SharePoint applications
Experience in working in a law library/corporate library setting preferred.
Interested candidates should click here to submit a cover letter and resume to Jackie Benito, Chief Human Resources Officer. email@example.com