There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Illinois (US-IL) - Moline Function: Communication Title: Information Management Analyst - 28555
As an Information Management Analyst, for John Deere, you will plan, organize, and manage the services offered by the Information Management Team by evaluating, acquiring, and organizing externally published information. This position will integrate technical and business information into established workflows. The successful candidate will focus on improving accessibility to information throughout the company to ensure insight into the business environment and provide access to sound information-based processes and tools. In addition, you will:
- Address information needs by assessing the requirements of groups of employees, investigating the purchase and/or development of appropriate information products, and by evaluating, selecting, and managing appropriate information resources.
- Serve as point-of-contact (including for purchase orders and invoices) to business information/intelligence suppliers.
- Conduct usage evaluations of current subscriptions and track ongoing statistics.
- Support Library collection management and delivery of standardized information.
- Act as project manager for efforts requiring the integration of content with new or existing systems and processes.
- May execute research projects, serving the needs of multiple groups within the company using secondary sources.
- Implement and support technology systems that provide access to business information. This will include identification, selection, design, testing, coordination of support, and integration for technology systems and business processes.
- Research and recommend new technologies that have the potential to enhance the access and effective use of information by Deere employees.
- Administer the delivery of information on competitors and Deere's industries to a broad audience on a regular basis.
US Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
What Skills You Need
- 2+ years of experience in analyzing and defining business requirements into technical solutions
- 2+ years of experience managing multiple projects
- 3+ years of experience with information retrieval technologies and resources, including the ability to critically evaluate, assess, select and use them, and to communicate their value throughout the enterprise
- 3+ years of experience in databases, indexing, metadata, and information analysis and synthesis as applied to information retrieval
What Makes You Stand Out
Other areas of experience or interest that will help us place you on the right team include:
- 3 years of experience in identifying, assessing, and selecting continually-improving information sources and services.
- 2+ years of experience in selection and application of appropriate metrics to continually measure the quality and value of information offered to the enterprise.
- 3 years of experience in the research, analysis, and synthesis of information integration into enterprise business processes and decision-making.
- 2+ years of experience managing a variety of suppliers, including contract management, issuing purchase orders, and negotiating.
- 2+ years of experience working in technical supplier management systems such as CPS, SAP, and JDSN to add suppliers, issue purchase orders, and pay invoices.
- 2+ years of experience using Excel or like software to track and report metrics.
Education (or equivalent work experience)
- Ideally you will have a Bachelor’s degree in Library or Information Sciences or other related disciplines. Advanced degree in Library Sciences preferred.
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.