Job Title: Head of NKC Operations (Associate Director)
A Head of Operations is sought for the Novartis Knowledge Center (NKC). The role will manage the extensive operational portfolio of information and knowledge services provided by the NKC across a global organization. In addition, the role will apply business development skills to develop new and existing services to be delivered across Novartis.
Manage the operational effectiveness of the NKC portfolio including:
a) Manage the NKC portfolio system and NKC Value system
b) Ensure the activities that support the NKC portfolio are clearly managed and tracked
c) Ensure NKC goals are met through use of KPI’s and key manager relationships
d) Business analysis for services that support Novartis that can be developed or delivered by PLS-NKC
e) Business development support of PLS services for NIBR
- 1. Manage the NKC Portfolio system
- a. Ensure accurate records and alignment with key goals and objectives for the PLS-NKC
- 2. Manage the correct implementation of the use and usage databases that measure resource and services consumption provided by the NKC
- a. This is applied to all divisions and utilizing corporate information to manage appropriate interpretation of usage data with people data
- 3. Apply Business Analysis skills to support developing new and current services from PLS-NKC that can support the mission of Novartis
- a. Assess the business requirements and matching capabilities of PLS-NKC
- b. Determine the feasibility of a successful service to meet Novartis needs that can be delivered by PLS-NKC
- c. Support the execution of a successful service to Novartis from PLS-NKC
- 4. Ensure adherence to SOP’s and Guidelines from all parts of Novartis that are relevant to the PLS-NKC organization (e.g. Finance, Information Security, Data Privacy)
- 5. Manage the operational content for the PLS-NKC
- a. Ownership of SharePoint Back office space and effectiveness document management
- Bachelor degree required.Advanced degree preferred in a scientific discipline and/or a MBA, Masters in Scientific Info., related.
- Fluent in English (written & spoken)
- 7+ years of relevant experience including within the Pharma/Biotech Industry conducting Information and/or Knowledge Management
- Experience within an operations functions, Information and or Knowledge Service delivery and/or development, management experience of a global information service portfolio
- Scientific knowledge of R&D, Lab experience, and Research Operations experience
- Business service development expertise
- Demonstrable influencing capabilities with global teams and matrix organizations; Strong customer-service focus to build and sustain good working partnerships with key stakeholders and project teams
- Well-developed research, consultative and critical thinking skills with ability to generate well-constructed reports and executive summaries for various levels of management. Service development with senior heads of departments to operational directors.
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Good working knowledge of the Drug Discovery Process and Pharmaceutical Pipeline process.
- Effectiveness and accountability; Performance/objectives driven
- Interpersonal skills (partnership, influence/persuasion, teamwork)