Valencia College is seeking an Emerging Technology Librarian to join our dedicated, passionate team as a dynamic, innovative, and experienced librarian to encourage student success through the delivery of Valencia’s college wide library resources and to support students and faculty engaged in online instruction, extended programs and distance learning.
Please CLICK HERE for more information about this position.
If you want to play your role in the shaping the future at one of the largest community colleges in Florida and the inaugural winner of the Aspen Prize for Community College Excellence, take the first steps by completing and submitting an online application for this position.
Location: Orlando, FL 32825
Closing Date: Wednesday April 12, 2017 at 7:00 PM EST
Degree Requirement: Master’s degree or higher in Library Science from a regionally accredited institution and an ALA-accredited program. In addition to the Master’s degree, a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field (preferred).
• This is a 12 Month Tenure Track Position and candidates must meet the College’s requirements for tenure.
• Course of study in technology is preferred.
• Library and Information technology certificate is preferred.
• At least one year of instructional experience in an academic library setting.
• Experience in library instruction and conducting library research.
• Knowledge and experience with emerging digital and instructional technologies along with innovative library trends and technologies.
• Demonstrable ability to integrate mobile technologies in pedagogy.
• Commitment and ability to work effectively with diverse populations in a collegial environment.
• Knowledge of copyright, fair use, and related concepts in an online setting.
• Experience with Blackboard or other LMS.
Interested candidates Please submit an online application on our website at https://valenciacollege.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=4043