Pittsford, New York
5 - 10 years
Emerging Resources Librarian
- Responsible for the overall administration, maintenance and troubleshooting of the library’s electronic resources, integrated library system, intranet, and SharePoint site.
- Assists in the ongoing assessment of existing technologies and identifies and implements new and emerging technologies and upgrades in collaboration with research team and IT department.
- Works closely with vendors, research team and other departments to implement, modify, and maintain services to meet information needs and in anticipation of changing needs.
- Collaborates with research team to plan and conduct innovative training for attorneys and staff in all offices.
- Assists with collection development and evaluation, recommends resources and other alternatives for completing complex research and other information needs
- Identifies emerging trends, technologies and best practices in electronic resources management that have the potential for new and improved library services.
- Assists Director with usability studies, cost comparisons and evaluates site analytics to determine if web services and applications are meeting the needs of users.
- Keeps abreast of technological changes in the library profession, utilizes all equipment and resources available to fulfill the Library’s mission.
- Provides legal, business and other non-legal research and reference work as needed
- Master of Library Science or Master of Science in Library or Information Science, from a program accredited by the American Library Association (ALA).
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in library instruction and conducting library research; experience in a managerial/supervisory role preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with emerging digital and instructional technologies along with innovative library trends and technologies.
- Experience with Research Monitor
- Knowledge of copyright, fair use, and related concepts in an online setting.
- Proficient with MS Office and Windows based software, including SharePoint and Excel
- Consistent flexibility, resilience and resourcefulness
- Demonstrates consistent logic, rationality and objectivity in decision making
- Exhibits strong verbal and written communication skills
- Military experience a plus