MacroSys, LLC seeks a temporary, full-time Cataloger/Librarian to provide cataloging support and other services to the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) Research Library at the Turner-Fairbank Highway Research Center, located in McLean, VA. The term will be from approximately May 30, 2017 through the end of July 2017.
- Perform copy and original cataloging, primarily for print technical materials
- Assign subject headings and call numbers
- Create and modify local authority records
- Review donations and the current collection to determine whether materials should be kept
- Check-in serials, shelve materials, and perform other collection activities
- Assist with other tasks including circulation, interlibrary loan, and reference/research requests
- Track tasks and maintain statistics
- Master of Library Science (MLS) or equivalent from an ALA accredited school
- Familiarity with cataloging standards, including MARC, AACR2, and RDA
- Experience using Library of Congress Subject Headings and Library of Congress Classification
- Familiarity with cataloging tools such as OCLC Connexion and Classification Web
- Experience with integrated library systems, bibliographic maintenance, and data cleanup
- Experience performing online database research, synthesizing information, and presenting results
- Ability to fill interlibrary loans and other requests for information
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with customers and library personnel
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Experience with collection management activities such as selection and weeding
- Experience providing information services in transportation, engineering, or other technical fields
- Experience using the integrated library system EOS
Interested candidates should email resumes and cover letters by April 30, 2017 to Deena Adelman at: email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
We look forward to hearing from you!