The Career Development Operations Manager manages the firm's career opportunities platform for lawyers, including designing and overseeing relevant processes, procedures, and workflows to ensure that the platform becomes and remains a valuable firm resource. The Manager is responsible for ensuring the integrity of the data within the platform. Along with the rest of the Lawyer Training & Professional Development team, the Manager serves as an ambassador for the technology, people, and processes related to the career opportunities platform by encouraging its use and best practices.
- Design, implement, and oversee processes, procedures, and workflows that ensure consistent and accurate daily data collection, entry, and processing.
- Implement and execute daily data quality management procedures, including reviewing and approving new entries for publication and supervising routine audits to identify outdated entries.
- Train individuals responsible for data entry. Delegate and supervise daily data-entry assignments.
- Identify new career opportunities from publicly available sources. Collect additional opportunities via referrals from firm lawyers and clients. Conduct additional research, as necessary, including through outreach to firm lawyers and clients.
- Execute and supervise data imports and exports. Identify trends, define relevant metrics, and produce analytical reports to support career-development initiatives.
- Develop instructions and related communications to maximize use of the platform. Provide day-to-day user support and trouble-shooting assistance.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable data privacy regulations and policies.
- Maintain library of career-development resources.
- Collaborate with other firm administrative teams, including Human Resources, Information Technology, and Marketing, to integrate the platform with other firm systems, maximize its effectiveness, and ensure a consistent, high level of service and performance.
- Collect feedback on the career opportunities platform, recommend enhancements, and implement process improvements. Act as project manager for platform upgrades and enhancements, including tracking and reporting progress and assessing and delivering results.
- Develop subject-matter expertise on the scope and nature of internal and external data that could be leveraged to enhance the platform and related firm initiatives.
- Assist with additional projects associated with the firm's career opportunities platform and related career-development initiatives.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the Duties and Responsibilities (Duties) above satisfactorily and meet the requirements below. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. If you need such an accommodation, please email email@example.com (current employees should contact Human Resources).
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of five years of experience in a law firm, professional services firm, or similar environment, with a history of increasing responsibility
- Minimum of two years of experience working with databases
- Minimum of two years of direct or indirect supervisory experience
- Sound project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to define and implement processes related to collecting and managing data
- Strong research skills, with a focus on internet search
- Demonstrated ability to execute tasks and processes efficiently and effectively with minimal direct supervision
- Demonstrated knowledge of MS Office, especially using Excel for reporting and analysis
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work effectively across offices and time zones
- Ability to format graphs, charts, and other visual methods of presenting information
- Data entry and quality control experience
- Career-development experience
Other Skills and Abilities:
The following will also be required of the successful candidate:
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Good judgment
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to work harmoniously and effectively with others
- Able to preserve confidentiality and exercise discretion
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and priorities
- Business acumen
Sidley Austin LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/5587jsvsnfmq8mmb