Associate/ Senior Associate
Information Resources, North America, New York City
NERA Economic Consulting is an international firm of consulting professionals providing economic, financial, and statistical advice, research, and analysis. Our clients include multinational corporations, the world’s leading law firms, governments, and U.S. regulatory agencies. Our team of 400 professionals operates in 25 offices across North and South America, Europe, and Asia / Pacific. To learn more about NERA, visit our website at www.nera.com.
We have an immediate opening for a full-time Information Resources Associate in our New York City office. This is an exciting opportunity for a creative individual who has vision and enthusiasm to join a global Information Resource team with an established and expanding firm.
Description and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Global Information Resources, the qualified candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Work with global consulting staff on a wide range of research projects using information tools and proprietary databases to provide information for client projects and business development initiatives
- Provide quick solutions and in-depth research, current awareness services, competitive intelligence and special research to support NERA’s consulting staff
- Work with NERA information resources team members from other regions to continue to build a global research function through sharing work and experiences
- Help educate consulting staff on research issues and train them on end-user products
- Assist in marketing and developing information services to NERA staff globally
- Work on special projects as assigned
- Advanced degree in one of the following is required: information/library science from an accredited program or Masters (MBA) in business or economics or law ; undergraduate degree in economics or finance is a plus
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a research environment providing business, legal or financial information is required
- Understanding/knowledge and experience with database services such as: Bloomberg, CapIQ, Factset, ThomsonOne, Datastream, SNL Financial, SNL Energy, BvD Orbis, Factiva, legal databases (Lexis Nexis, Westlaw, Bloomberg Law)
- Ability to prioritize, problem solve, respond quickly to requests and handle a workload requiring creative, analytical, evaluative, and interpretive thought processes
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills as well as strong oral and written communication skills
- Fluency in English is required and proficiency in one or more European languages is a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Sharepoint
The qualified candidate must be able to work a minimum 40-hour week Monday through Friday and additional hours as needed to meet time-sensitive deadlines.
We offer a competitive salary, including an excellent benefits package.
In order to be considered, please include a cover letter with your resume. Please apply directly to